Disclaimer

Any projects found on this blog are available for anyone to use. I will post links to sites where I find projects that I like. If you are the owner of a project that may be copywrited or wish to be credited for creating a project, email me and I will make sure to give you credit.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Pizza Box Project


The Pizza Box project is a great project for any class in the 4th grade up to the 7th grade. It incorporates research and compare/contrast among other skills. Plus, it’s just plain fun. The setup and preparation is simple for the teacher and part of the project can be done at home and part at school. This is also a good opportunity to get kids into the library.
Papa John’s and Dominoes are usually very accommodating about donating boxes, just give them some lead time and suggest they donate unfolded boxes (that way they don’t pay someone to put them together). DON’T FORGET to send a thank you letter, preferably on school letterhead. They post this stuff, and possible work it into their charitable donations.
I have attached a .doc file that includes instructions for a social studies version of this project. But please feel free to adapt this to any subject—and let me know what you do so we can share it with everyone else!!!
As with every project that I post, feel free to use and adapt-I find some on the internet, and will post the link when I have it. I found this project online, but have long since lost the link to it.



By the way, I suggest for this project that you cut out your pizza slices ahead of time. You might want to cut out mushroom, pepperoni, and other topping figures for the students to write the information they look up (population, area, any other info). This will give it a more pizza-like look.

Link to the Pizza Box Project document file is found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment